One of the ways children learn about God is through the people they encounter at church. At Sunday School, children not only learn what stories are in the Bible, but they feel God’s love and safety. Through this experience, children learn to trust God, knowing God loves them so much.
It is important to start attending Sunday School early so that it becomes part of the child’s routine. As they grow older, it will just become a part of their lives. What a great habit to instill in your child!
ELEMENTARY SUNDAY SCHOOL
Galloway’s curriculum for elementary kids is Cokesbury’s Grow Curriculum. It is a very lively curriculum which enriches kids’ spiritual lives by growing their faith by leaps and bounds. The children have a theme for the month, along with a Bible verse. Each Sunday, this verse and idea are reinforced with a different Bible story. This curriculum is great for all different types of learners, as it provides something for everyone!
Sunday School Classes & Locations
- Nursery is provided for children under two years of age and is located downstairs, outside of the fellowship center.
- Two- Three Year olds meet in room 157, located in the Nursery downstairs. We are searching for a new two and three year old teaching duo in 2015. Are you interested in serving and learning with some of our smallest friends? If so, please contact Megan or Becky in Children and Family Ministry.
- Four- Five year olds (pre-k/k) meet in room 254 and explore the Bible with Mrs. Diane and Mrs. Margaret
- First and Second graders love learning with Mrs. Lauren and Mrs. Dylan in room 251
- Third and Fourth graders explore the Bible in a 52 week study with Mrs. Lorraine in room 252
- Fifth graders love to learn with Mrs. Billie and Mrs. Mandy in room 247
- Sixth graders are preparing for confirmation as they learn more about the church, scripture and history with Mr. Eddie and Mrs. Vicki in room 246
Through Sunday school children are engaged in fun and meaningful curriculum. Our classes learn from Cokesburry’s Grow , Feasting on the Word Sunday School Curriculum and our very own Lorraine Gilbert’s 52 Bible Lessons Curriculum! For more information on these Sunday school curriculums check out the links below:
- Our toddlers and Pre K/K classes dig into the Grow Curriculum weekly- learning something new from ‘leapers point’ each week: http://www.cokesbury.com/forms/DynamicContent.aspx?id=254&pageid=959
- First and Second Grades and 5th and 6th grades dig into the weekly lectionary text for an interactive lesson through the Feasting on the World Curriculum: http://www.feastingontheword.net/Curriculum/
- Third and Fourth Graders are lucky enough to be taught the 52 Bible Lessons Study weekly by its author, our own Mrs. Lorraine, as they dig into their new bibles: http://52biblelessons.com/
For more information on Children's Sunday School or to volunteer to teach contact Children & Family Ministry by calling 601-353-9691.