One of the ways children learn about God is through the people they encounter at church. At Sunday School, children not only learn what stories are in the Bible, but they feel God’s love and safety. Through this experience, children learn to trust God, knowing God loves them so much.
Galloway’s children’s Sunday school teachers work with Rev. Elizabeth Henry (Pastor to Children & Families) to select curriculum for students that engages children in interactive, age-appropriate learning through story, craft, song, games, and discussion to teach the stories of Scripture and apply them to our lives. Galloway’s kids have enjoyed lessons from a variety of resources, including 52 Bible Lessons, Cokesbury’s Deep Blue Kids, Feasting on the Word, and many more!
All classes meet during the Sunday School hour between services from 9:45am-10:45am
Sunday School Classes & Locations
- Nursery is provided for children under two years of age and is located downstairs in the Early Childhood Development Center, outside of the fellowship center.
- Two- Three Year olds meet in room 157, located in the Nursery downstairs for a Bible story, snack, and craft.
All classes for children ages 4 – 6th grade are held in the Children’s Sunday School hallway on the second floor of the annex:
- Four- Five year olds (pre-k/k) meet in room 254 and explore the Bible with Mrs. Diane and Mrs. Margaret
- First and Second graders love learning with Mrs. Mechelle, Mrs. Corinne, and Mr. Chuck in room 251
- Third and Fourth graders explore the Bible with Mrs. Nan and Mrs. Renee in room 252
- Fifth and sixth graders love to learn with Mr. Eddie and Mrs. Vicki in room 248
Visitors, please see the bulletin board located on the Children’s Sunday School hallway as you are greeted by our friendly hall monitors to help locate your child’s class!
For more information or to volunteer in Children's Sunday School contact Children & Family Ministry by calling 601-353-9691 or emailing Rev. Elizabeth Henry.