Holy Week Worship Schedule and Activities
- Sunday,April 13, 9:45 a.m. -- Palm Sunday Parade
- Holy Wednesday, April 16, 6:00 p.m. -- Bishop Clay F. Lee and Galloway’s Concordia Ensemble
- Maunday Thursday, April 17, 6:00 p.m. -- Eucharist Service
- Good Friday, April 18, 12:00 p.m. -- Noon Service with a light lunch to follow in the Courtyard
- Good Friday, April 18, 6:00 p.m. -- Tenebrae Service
- Saturday, April 19, 10:00 a.m. -- Easter Egg Hunt on the West Lawn of Millsaps College for pre-schoolers to 3rd grade.
- Saturday, April 19, 7:00 p.m. -- Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt @ Galloway for 4th - 6th Graders.
- EASTER SUNDAY, April 20, 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. -- Who Moved the Stone? Dr. Joey Shelton remember to bring fresh flowers from your garden to adorn the flower cross outside the Sanctuary Easter Morning. HE IS RISEN.
Bishop Clay F. Lee was recently featured in an article in the New York Times for his December 6, 1964 sermon preached at First United Methodist Church in Philadelphia, MS following the arrests of persons connected with the murders of three civil rights workers, James Earl Chaney, Andrew Goodman, and Michael "Mickey" Schwerner. Bishop Lee preached a version of this original sermon in worship at Galloway Memorial UMC almost 50 years later on Epiphany Sunday, January 5, 2014. Links to the New York Times article and sermon at Galloway are provided below.
Epiphany Sunday, January 5, 2014
We are thankful for our 2014 Lay Leadership Committees.
To view a PDF listing of our committees -- click here